The Pillar Kincardine approach is rooted in our long experience of working alongside users of the service as they make the choices that shape their own lives. It can be summed up as follows:
"We believe that people experiencing mental distress can direct their own journey towards improved mental health, and independent, fulfilling lives. Our role is to give people the tools and the support they need to achieve this".
The mission and values that underpin our day-to-day work and our long term goals are about:
- Providing support services which are responsive to changing needs and circumstances – accessible, safe, and encouraging personal and social development.
- Creating opportunities for service users to participate in the overall running and management of the organisation.
- Being an equal opportunities organisation and opposing discrimination.
- Respecting the skills and experience of our staff and volunteers, and providing them with opportunities for continuous learning and improvement.
- Being an open and accountable organisation which regularly consults its service users, funders and other stakeholders.
- Working with other statutory and voluntary agencies in the best interests of service users and the community.
- Working to increase understanding within the community of mental health conditions and ways of alleviating them.
- Contributing to the development of policy and practice in the field of mental health.
- Providing best value to our funders and other stakeholders.
Contact Pillar Kincardine
Want help for yourself or someone else?
Please download the appropriate referral form using the links below, then send your completed form to us by email or post. You should normally hear back within 5 working days.